If You Love Our Planet, Prove It
Finding garbage on the street,valley or near the ocean what do you do?
There is always a choice: to look for a cleaner place or make a difference by yourself. There is always a choice to blame someone else for throwing some plastic or to collect it and help the planet breath. There is always a choice to blame others for their hate or to give love. What Do You Choose?
Love Our Planet, Prove It!
Wandering along the beach I was upset finding a lot of garbage washed ashore.Such a diversity: many shoes that once lost their pare,cigarettes, various plastic, glass and unfulfilled dreams.These letter do not disturb the ocean just a mans mind, but quite another thing is non-degradable litter.
- Cigarette Butts — 10-12 years;
- average time for a plastic bottle to completely degrade is at least 450 years
- Monofilament Fishing Line — 600 years;
- Rubber-Boot Sole — 50-80 years;
- Foamed Plastic Cups — 50 years;
- Leather shoes — 25-40 years;
- Milk Cartons — 5 years;
- Plywood — 1-3 years;
- Painted board — 13 years;
- Cotton Glove — 3 months;
- Cardboard — 2 months;
- Styrofoam- It does not biodegrade;
- Nylon Fabric- 30-40 years;
- Tin can- 50 years;
- Ropes — 3-14 months;
- Waxed milk carton- 3 months;
- Aluminum cans- 200-250 years;
- Train tickets — two weeks,
- Canvas products — 1 year;
- Batteries – 100 years;
- Lumber- 10-15 years,
- Sanitary Pads — 500-800 years;
Like always I had a choice: to look for a place on a beach that was already cleaned by hotel workers or to make a difference by myself. There is always a choice to blame someone else for throwing some plastic on the beach or to collect this garbage and help the planet. There is always a choice to blame others for their hate or to give love. I always try to choose the second variant.
First day of Spring spent on the ocean was not an exclusion.
The sun is still not in its zenith and we already cleaned nearly 100 meters of beach.
Cleaning an ocean bay on the 1 day of the spring is so much fun.Together with jokes and laughter, sweaty but so happy.
Is it enough? No! Is it much? Yes. If everyone would make a tiny difference himself it would surely make a big one for our green planet, for our home.
Best regards from a sunny Thailand,