DIY: Homemade Peanut Butter
Are you keen on Healthy Lifestyle & Diet us much as I am?
Is YES is your answer you will certainly love this recipe.
Indeed, using this tips you can make tasty & healthy butter using any kind of nuts. Use the ones you love the most, try different combinations. Check where your nuts fantasies can lead you!
Benefits of Homemade Peanut Butter:
- easy to make
- no chemicals and preservatives added
- no hydrogenated oils added
- no white sugar added
How-to Make Homemade Nut Butter
- 2-4 cups of organic soaked and dehydrated raw nuts (see above notes on how to do this)
- 1-2 tablespoons neutral, light tasting or flavor-complimenting oil, I prefer coconut oil
- extra fine sea salt
- sweetener, such as maple syrup, honey, raw cane sugar, coconut sugar, coconut nectar, etc.
**When making nut butters your nuts can be raw or toasted.
Recipe: add the nuts to the bowl of a food processor.
2. Grind to a fine powder (2-10 minutes, or so), at this time, you may want to add some oil. I personally recommend it, but it’s not necessary. Continue processing until it becomes smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl every minute or two.
3. Continue processing – the nut’s oils are released and as the mixture continues to warm, it should turn creamy and smooth and move around very easily inside the bowl of your processor. If not, it is OK to add a bit more oil until the mixture is runny and blending smoothly. It may take up to 15-20 minutes until it is totally creamy, this depends on the strength and size of your food processor and how many nuts you are processing. Be patient.
4. If you want to add salt and/or a sweetener, do so at the very end.