Stop Buying Basil- Grow It indoors
There millions of ways how to use wonderfully smelling green Basil leaves in a household, in your kitchen or for skin care. I surely buy it every week in a market and just in two-three days it is all gone. So after a couple of years wondering why Basil leaves disappear in our house so quickly I thought of a way out. I started growing it indoors on my balcony. And I really insist on the fact that every family should do so.
Here are the Benefits O Growing Basil Indoors:
— fresh greens every day
— free of charge ( Basil needs just a bit of your time and love…)
— you can be sure that this Basil is really organic.
— you can be sure that no chemicals were ever used to grow this greens.
This benefits are priceless for any lover of green and healthy life. If you are reading this blog you are definitely green from toes to ears.Indeed you can be either color I don’t care much. This blog and me we are very tolerant indeed. The only thing I am not tolerant is preservatives and chemicals in our food. So growing fresh greens indoors is a good variant for my family.
But why fresh Basil is my must have or ‘must be grown’ ?
I guess because I am the person who knows how to use its green leaves in different fantastic ways.
Here they are:
- Basil Pesto
- General cooking
- Calming the Stomach– It is thought to have a calming effect on the stomach and 1/2 teaspoon of dried or fresh Basil Leaf in water can often help sooth indigestion and alleviate feelings of fullness.
- Stress Reduction — 2 cups of strong Basil Leaf tea to a warm bath to help reduce stress and facilitate relaxation.
- Against flies — Basil leaves release out a subtle fragrance that flies hate.In sunny fly infested areas, you could use potted plants of basil to deter flies.
- Beneficial for Children: The juice of basil leaves is extremely beneficial in case of common pediatric such as cough, cold, diarrhea and vomiting. Basil leaves taken with saffron hasten the appearance of chicken pox pustules. Children experiencing loose motion at the time of tooth eruption can be given a mixture of pomegranate juice and powder of dried basil leaves for quick relief.
- Skin Care: basil leaves are an excellent skin rejuvenator which have the potential to ward off skin diseases, thus providing you with a clearer and healthier skin. Whether eaten raw or applied as paste, basil leaves offer a host of benefits for your skin.
- Strength your hair- can be used as a natural hair mask before cleaning your hair or basil leaves decoction as a conditioner after the process.
Like always there are two variants:
Easy: buy a young Basil plant and just put it in a bigger pot on you balcony. Take care about it and cut just the side leaves for your needs. ( This variant I always used living in Poland. You could buy Basil plant in every market in Cracov.)
Complicated: buy Basil seeds and plant them in to the pot. This variant requires more time. It is a bit more complicated but though enough easy to succeed. ( Now I plant seeds because in Thailand it is hard to find any Basil plant, just cut off…).
Hope this post made you fell in love with green Basil leaves ( indeed there are plenty of other colorful sorts of Basil ) and you just dream of growing one indoors.
How do you use Basil leaves in your everyday cousin and routine?
Feel free to share in comments,
Sincerely yours Mary Rose